Sunday, May 03, 2009

Great Day!

I thought my weekend was going to be horrible. Yesterday it was raining and the report for Sunday did not look promising. But when I woke up this morning the sun was shining and the sky was a brilliant blue! I couldn't believe it but I wasn't going to question this Godsend! Joe and I ate a hearty breakfast then went on one of the best bike rides ever. We mixed it up. We started slow to get our legs nice and warm. Then we hit our first steep hill at mile eight. The climb wasn't that bad. We easily made the 2 mile long hill in good time. At the top we sprinted for 7 miles. Then we slowed and spun, resting our legs. We reached the downhill and it was thrilling! With only 7 miles left to our ride we opened it up again and pushed ourselves until finally about half a mile from home we once again slowed to cool down our legs. What an awesome ride! I'm happy Sunday turned out to be such a nice day!

No comments: