Monday, April 27, 2009

Last Minute Ride

I got off work today at 1:00 PM and went to the grocery store. I was out of milk, eggs, sugar, and coffee creamer. I got home at 1:50 and unloaded everything from my car. Yea yea I got extra stuff. Who ever comes home with just the items on their list? Not me! To continue, I checked the mail and looked out the window. I saw big gray clouds sailing by but I also saw patches of blue sky and sunshine. The weather report this morning said sun breaks throughout the day and maybe a spritz in isolated areas. I decided to go for a ride and I'm glad I did. I had a super ride. My legs felt strong and even with the strong headwind I was flying! Today's route was uphill, about a constant 3-5 percent grade. There were some flat spots and a couple easy downhills too but mainly uphill for 31 miles. I finished in 2 hours and 2 minutes with an average speed of 15.2 mph. Not bad. I ran into a friend, Rachel and we stopped and chatted briefly before continuing on our way. She's training for a big ride just like me. And it did not rain on me! Not even a spritz!

I need to find a long steep hill to ride on. I need to begin hill training twice a week for my June 20th ride up and down the north cascade highway! I think I know just the hill and route! Stay tuned! :-D

No comments: