Saturday, January 31, 2009

Last Day of January - Beautiful!

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning. The sky was blue and the sun was out shining brightly! That could only mean one thing, a road ride! WooHoo! I started my ride at 10:48 AM. I must admit it was a chilly start. The temperature was a brisk 37 degrees but that sun was working it's magic. It was warming the day up nicely. When I finished it was 50 degrees! It felt warmer with the sun beating down on my black cycling pants. I was very comfortable on today's ride.

I wasn't the only one who thought today was a great day to be outside. On my ride today I saw runners, walkers, people with their kids on bikes, people walking their dogs, other cyclists, and people rollerblading. It seemed like everyone had the same idea as me on this gorgeous sunny winter day.

I got a good 37 miles in and made good time. I stopped around mile 20 for a snack break and a good stretch. After 15-20 minutes I was off again. I got back home at 1:23 PM.

I hope tomorrow will be a repeat of today. I could use another day like this one to wrap up my weekend!

No comments: