Sunday, January 11, 2009

Foggy Wet Winter Day

This morning I was up at 5:30 AM. I am a morning person and no matter how late I stay up I am always up between 5:00 and 7:00 AM every day. Rarely will I sleep beyond 7:00. Now I don't mind getting up so early in the summer. Because in the summer the sun is up early like me, shining brightly, the birds are singing, and the world is still asleep. In the summer mornings are a quiet, peaceful, beautiful time of the day. But in the winter, now that's a different story. In the winter it's dark and cold. In the winter I can't take my morning cup of coffee outside and sit on the patio and watch the day begin. That's why in the winter I wish I could sleep a little bit longer. At least until the sun comes up. But no, try as I may I just can't sleep past 7:00.

After I got up this morning I shuffled downstairs and started the coffee. I turned my laptop on to check my email and messages. Soon my daughter was up; she joined me in the kitchen with her cup of coffee. Around 7:30 AM we got ready to go to the gym. We went to the 8:15 flex class and after the hour long class we went to the 9:30 spin class. By the time the spin class was over we were both exhausted. We left the gym and drove straight to Starbucks for Americanos before we headed home.

What I really wanted to do today was ride my bike. I thought the weather would be nice this weekend but I was wrong. Maybe next weekend the weather will cooperate and I will be able to ride my bike outside instead of a stationary bike inside at the gym.


No comments: