Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Early Morning Road Ride

This morning I went on a 30 mile road around. I started at 9:30 AM and finished at 11:30 AM. It was hazy and humid. The morning temperature was 71 degrees when I started but when I finished it was already 83. The humidity made it feel a lot warmer.

I finally got to ride my new bike up some hills. I was worried that I would not be able to climb going from a triple chainring (and 650 wheels) to a compact/double chainring (and 700 wheels). But I had no trouble climbing the hills this morning. In fact I found them easier to ascend then on my old triple ringed road bike. Better bike? Components? Stronger legs? Who knows, all I know is that I climbed the hills today a lot faster and without any trouble. Coming down the hills was also great! My new bike flies! I love her!

No comments: