Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday After Work Ride

This is my last week of work. Actually my last day is Wednesday. School will be out for the summer and I will be off until the fall! When I got off work today the sun was shining brightly. It was in the upper 70s and just a gorgeous day. Too beautiful not to ride. So my daughter and I went for a bike ride on the Orting Trail. We got 30 miles in. We stopped at Starbucks about 25 miles into our ride for a break. Jackie had a peanut butter cookie and I had an oatmeal raisin cookie. We gobbled them up with large glasses of water. Refreshed we set off to finish our ride. We saw a coyote in a field next to the trail. He was just trotting along minding his own business, thank goodness. Our pace was good; averaging 14.37 mph. These are the days you live for! It was totally the best!

No comments: