Sunday, April 02, 2006

Casual ride on the Orting Trail

Today Joe, Jackie, and me went for a ten mile bike ride on the Orting Trail. It was an overcast day with some sun breaks. We even got a few raindrops on us but other than that it was a nice ride. There were a lot of people out on the trail; cyclists, runners, inline skaters, and people just out for a Sunday stroll. The temperature was very mild, upper fifties. The valley floor was dressed in its finest yellow because the daffodils are at their peak. In three weeks the Tacoma Wheelmen Bicycle Club will be hosting their 31st annual Daffodil Classic. I believe I can safely say that spring is in full swing.

After being in a cast for three and half months I can happily report that my foot did very well on it's first real outside bike ride since December. But my ankle did get sore. Just to remind you, I sprained it the day before I went in to have my cast removed. On my next ride I think taping it will help to support and stablize the weak ankle which should keep it from hurting too much but still allow me to get some easy rides in.

I'm happy that I got to ride today because tonight Joe and I are leaving on a 10:30 flight for Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is where I was born and raised and where my parents still live. When I get back next Saturday the serious cycling will begin!

No comments: