Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Beautiful Afternoon For a Ride!

Today I got off work at 1:00 PM. It has been raining for almost 2 weeks straight (off and on) and yesterday we even had snow! Disgusting! Geeish! But today, oh my, what a difference! It was beautiful! Big huge white clouds cruising by and the sun was shining brightly. The air was chilly, reaching a high of only 52 degrees but once I began pedaling I warmed up nicely.

So I leave work at 1:00 and head home to grab my bike. The only negative things on today's ride was the headwind, which I had the entire ride, and a flat tire. A little over 10 miles into my ride I pick up someone's heal cap along with two long nails in my front tire. I pull over and remove the cap and nail and sure enough I can hear the air escaping. I pull off my front wheel and remove the tube. I get out my spare and place it inside the tire. I get the tire back on the rim and then I get out my hand pump. The hand pump was useless to me so I pulled out my CO2 cartridge and instant tire inflation! A girl's best friend when she has to inflate a bicycle tire! I'm so happy Joe bought me the CO2 cartridge tool. I love it!

I pack all my tools and garbage up and continue on my ride. I saw a field of cows with their new born calves, I went over a bridge with rushing spring water swirling by. I saw hawks and eagles and a lot of other cyclists this afternoon. What a great ride I had today, except for the headwind and flat it was pretty near perfect. I wish I could ride tomorrow and on Friday too but I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon at 4:00 and a baby shower on Friday at 4:00. I guess my next ride will be on the weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday look fabulous darling! :-)

No comments: