Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Beautiful Late Afernoon Ride

Well it's happening. Summer is coming to an end and and as summer ends work for me begins again. Yep, I went back to work today. And what a beautiful day it was. Warm and sunny making it very hard to go to work when all I wanted to do on such a beautiful morning was jump on my bike and ride. Finally the dismissal bell rang and 30 minutes later I was off and on my way home. Joe went to work early today so he was home early too. We decided to go for a ride before dinner. We got dressed, got our bikes and off we went. The sun was casting long shadows, a true sign of the end of summer and the introduction into autumn.

Joe and I rode past the Carbon River and both sides of it's banks were full of fishermen. The king salmon run had started. We stopped to watch for a while. The sun sparkled and danced on the water. There was a splash and one guy had caught himself a large salmon! We watched as he reeled it in and then released it. After a few more minutes Joe and I continued on. It was a wonderful ride on a beautiful day. We rode only 15.5 miles but it was the most wonderful ride. It's just hard to describe. Days like the one today are exceptional.

No comments: