Saturday, May 24, 2008

Start of Memorial Day Weekend

This morning when I woke up I was greeted with blue skies and sunshine. A good sign that today was going to be a nice day. And it was!

I was up at 6:00 AM. I started the coffee and within ten minutes Joe and Jackie were up and walking into the kitchen. We sat at the kitchen table and enjoyed our first cup of coffee together. We talked about where we should ride. I wanted to do a long 60+ mile ride but Jackie had afternoon plans with friends so we decided to do a 30 mile ride and save our long ride for Monday. I made breakfast while Joe got the bikes ready. We were out the door at 9:00 AM. It was a glorious morning. All mornings should be like the one we had today. The sun was warming the air up nicely and within a few minutes we were sweating.

We rode by rivers, meadows, and fields listening to the late morning early afternoon sounds. We passed a park where we saw children playing. The sounds of their laughter carried on the air. They were also enjoying this gorgeous day. After riding for 18 miles we stopped at an espresso stand where I ordered a cold lemonade, made with freshly squeezed REAL lemons and strawberries while Joe and Jackie just sipped on ice cold bottles of water. Refreshed we continued on our ride. We finished at 11:00 just before it got really hot.

Tomorrow we hope to do another ride and on Monday, Memorial Day, we hope to do our 60 mile ride. I hope the weather will cooperate and be as nice as it was today.





No comments: