Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cold Cold Spring!

I cannot believe the weather this spring here in the Pacific Northwest. Very unseasonably COLD! The last three days for example; that’s this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, April 18-20 we received rain, snow, hail, sleet, and high winds. The morning temperature all week long has been in the low 30s. Highs have been in the low 40s. Needless to say no biking was done by me all week. Last weekend I thought FINALLY spring had arrived. It was just a tease though by Mother Nature! Dang her anyway! Last Saturday it was in the mid 70s. It was sunny with very clear blue skies, warm, and just a gorgeous spring day. I actually wore shorts for my bike ride and no jacket! I was actually sweating on the ride too! Last Sunday wasn’t as warm or as nice as Saturday but it was still a decent day. I rode in the 33rd annual Daffodil Classic. It was my last ride for the week because on Monday the arctic weather moved back in. The only exercise that I did get to do on Monday – Friday of last week was at the gym. I was hoping to give up going to the gym with the arrival of April but no, spring decided to take an extended vacation.

On the brighter side, the weather report tonight looks just a tiny bit promising. If I can get a ride in tomorrow afternoon after work GREAT! If not I will be at the gym once again doing my usual workout. Sigh . . . here’s to warmer weather SOON!!!!

And here is the weather report for the week of April 21-25, 2008 by two of our local TV stations:

First from KIRO 7 TV

And from King 5 TV

Also from King 5 TV plus 5 more days


It looks like the nicer weather will not arrive until the week of April 26th! I was hoping for nice weather for the weekend of the 25th, 26th, and 27th of April. Joe and I are going to Leavenworth for the Ale Fest and we also signed up to ride in the Ale Fest Bike Ride. Stay tuned for a report on that ride! They closed the 75 mile route due to SNOW! Yep, I got an email from the people putting on the ride and the 75 mile route is closed. Can you believe it?! So Joe and I will be riding the 50 mile course. I will make sure to pack our warmies!

Desperately seeking spring . . . Sue

No comments: