Sunday, April 08, 2007

Nine Days Without a Ride

After work on Friday, March 30th Joe and I flew to Pittsburgh for my Dad's 90th birthday party. It was great seeing Dad and Mom and all my sisters, brother, cousins, and family and friends. My Dad looks so good! The things he has lived through! The stories he tells! At 90 he is still so full of life. He is active and his mind is still as sharp as a tack. I only wish I will be just as good when and if I should ever reach 90. My sisters fed me so much food. I think I gained 10 pounds! I got to eat all my favorite foods but could not find a good cup of coffee! I've become a coffee addict since moving here and Starbuck's sumatra is my favorite. But I some how managed. Finally on Wednesday, we flew back to Seattle. I had one day of rest (if you call doing laundry all day long rest) before driving over to Cheney and Eastern Washington University to visit my son. Joe and I spent all day Friday and Saturday with him. We saw the movie "Grindhouse" went out to lunch and dinner, walked through a park and went shopping in the malls. This morning a little after 8 AM Joe and I drove back home. And tomorrow I go back to work. So I went nine days without riding either of my bikes. Sigh . . . but for my Dad and my son that's ok. But now I'm back and the weather is getting nicer and nicer. Summer will be here and when school is out for summer break I am going to get up early every single weekday and get on my bike and ride. Oh I can't wait!

I can barely keep my eyes open. I am so tired but I just had to write something here before I crash. And crash I mostly certainly will do. I have never felt so tired. I'm probably babbling but that's ok. I will read this tomorrow and laugh. I had a great nine days, I'm looking forward to a great spring and summer. Here's to all the tomorrows!

Good night!

No comments: