Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Summer of 2011

I have been trying to get a lot of bike rides in this summer. My winter and spring were horrible with my back injury and trying to get back in shape but finally by May/June I was beginning to feel like my good old self again. It was a long slow process but I made it. The hardest part was getting my back to heal. I won't even go into that long story because I really don't want to talk about it. It's over and I'm back and I won't ever let it happen again! To prove I am back here are a few of my favorite pictures from some of my favorite rides this summer. Of course I didn't take pictures of all my rides but the ones I did take pictures of I will share here.


What are the odds? Last year when I rode in the Flying Wheels Summer Century my bib number was 1521. This year when I rode in the event it was 1522! I can't wait to see what my number will be in next year's Flying Wheels Summer Century?
Beautiful local ride in the Enumclaw area. A cool early June ride.

Joe and went to Montana and Wyoming. A two week wonderful vacation. Here I am just outside the west entrance to Glacier National Park. We had the best time riding our bikes in the park.


A local bike ride with the TWBC. We left Sumner library and biked up to Alki Beach. Out and back was 71 miles. It was a gorgeous Sunday as you can see. We stopped and had lunch in Alki before heading back that day.



On the ride back to Sumner from Alki we passed through South Park and saw a huge fire. An apartment complex was burning down. It was on the news that night and we biked right by it.

Last year I rode in the STP and RAMROD. This year I did not. But I did do volunteer work for the RAMROD. I worked from 3:00 - 7:00 AM the day of the ride at packet pick up. It was a gorgeous day for the ride.


Besides these rides I did many many others. These are just the ones I took pictures of. My summer is not over and I plan on riding a lot more. And I also plan to keep riding this year and not slack off like I normally do when November arrives. This is the year I ride all year long!

No comments: