Tuesday, January 01, 2008

First Ride In a New Year!

When I looked out the window this morning, as I was enjoying my very first cup of coffee, I noticed that the sky was grey and overcast. And the trees were telling me it was very windy! Definitely not a day for a road ride but a good day for a mountain bike ride. And so Joe and I decided to go for a mountain bike ride at Lake Sawyer. We have not been riding a lot the past couple of months and it showed on our ride this afternoon. Our endurance and stamina were gone but we still had a good time. We hit some of our favorite trails riding slow and steady. We were enjoying the day, the ride, the trails, and each other. After the ride we looked at each other and asked why we had let our riding get away from us. We had no good answer. We promised to ride again next weekend. Either road or mountain as long as we get on our bike and out the door on a road or trail!

Here is a picture of me at the start of the "toy trail". So named because of all the toys, bike stuff, and other offerings placed on an old tree stump by mountain bikers as homeage to the trail gods! It's one of my favorite trails at Lake Sawyer.


No comments: